True magic is neither black, nor white - it’s both because nature is both. Loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own.
The Craft (1996)
interviewer: Why r u such a hoe
Me: Because it’s so much fun, Jan!
I had this posted on my previous account before I deleted it and just thought I should repost it. There’s over 1000 adjectives sorted in two different ways, alphabetical and type (ex. taste, color, sound)
I was sitting on the computer last night trying to be productive and actually write something. My first sentence included the character listening to a voice through an intercom and my first thought was, “What kind of voice is it?”
So, naturally, I found myself googling the different ways to describe a voice. I present to you my findings! I hope you all find it useful.
- adenoidal (adj): if someone’s voice is adenoidal, some of the sound seems to come through their nose
- appealing (adj): an appealing look/voice shows that you want help, approval, or agreement
- breathy (adj): with loud breathing noises
- brittle (adj): if you speak in a brittle voice, you sound as if you are about to cry
- croaky (adj): if someone’s voice sounds croaky, they speak in a low, rough voice that sounds as if they have a sore throat
- dead (adj): if someone’s eyes or voice are dead, they feel or show no emotion
- disembodied (adj): a disembodied voice comes from someone who you cannot see
- flat (adj): spoken in a voice that does not go up and down; this word is often used for describing the speech of people from a particular region
My cousin sent me a list of the most beautiful words in the English language. Here ya go:
100 Most Beautiful Words in The English Language
Assemblage- A gathering.
Beleaguer- To exhaust with attacks.
Brood- To think alone.
Bucolic- In a lovely…
Best Tumblr Responses
Writing on the third chapter of my first fanfic (tmr ofc) and feeling more and more confident that I will actually post it. I want to wait until I have like, at least five chapters or something before posting though. Buuuut when ready I will post it here and on AO3.
(when the time comes, please be gentle)
long exposure game strong
See this and tell me there is no life elsewhere in the universe. I dare you.
I’m going to fucking throw up
Space just fucks me up
I have a few copies of “Playboy” from the 1970s stashed away somewhere. One of them has a letter where a guy writes in saying, “I met this really gorgeous, sweet woman, and we were planning to get married, but she sat me down yesterday and told me that she had a sex change before she met me. Mr. Hefner, should I marry someone who used to be a man?” and the response was, “So she had a sex change, big whoop. Would you be asking this question if she’d made any other change in her life before she met you? You love the woman she is now, and that’s all that should matter. If you want kids you can adopt or something.”
I feel so conflicted right now
That awkward moment when Hugh Hefner is more trans-positive than most feminists of the same era.
i’m in bed and was wondering where my cat is so i was all “oh I’ll just text him” and opened the messages app before i realized what i was doing